You chose 10 great pubs, so which one deserves to be crowned Pub of the Year 2016?
We find many qualities in a great pub. Individuality and character, welcoming ambience, good beer, wine and food. And not forgetting the decor, seating, lighting, nice nibbles, clean loos and so on. But ultimately, it’s the people – staff and regulars –who make a pub great.
Well here’s your chosen top 10 pubs of the year.
The fate of the finalists is in your hands.
To vote for your overall winner, post us the coupon in the Shields Gazette stating the full name, address and voting number of your favourite from the list.
Closing date for votes is Friday, November 25.
Please note, we can’t accept photocopied or defaced coupons, or coupons delivered by hand or received after the closing date.
1. Cock Crow Inn, Mill Lane, Hebburn.
2. Hebburn Iona, Station Road.
3. Hogarths, Mile End Road, South Shields.
4. The Rose & Crown, 491 - 493 Prince Edward Road, South Shields
5. The Lake Pub, Lake Avenue, Marsden.
6. The Robin Hood Inn,Princes Hill, Jarrow.
7. The Steamboat,Mill Dam, South Shields.
8. Tinker Smiths, Stanhope Road, South Shields.
9. Voyager, Anderson Road, South Shields.
10. White Horse Inn, , Quarry Lane, South Shields