A MAN who is banned from seeing his ex-girlfriend ended up in court after sending her text messages.
David Warren was given a restraining order banning him from contacting the woman, from Hebburn, earlier this year.
But South Tyneside Magistrates’ Court heard the couple rekindled their romance despite the order being in place.
The woman ended the relationship again in September but kept a mobile phone that Warren was paying for.
The court heard that last week the 41-year-old told her he was cancelling the phone contract and she called the police to tell them he had been in touch.
Warren pleaded guilty to a charge breaching a restraining order.
Glenda Beck, prosecuting, said: “The woman says their relationship was an abusive one and a restraining order was put in place in February, which banned him from contacting her or going into her street.
“She started to see him again but ended it earlier this month.
“He then texted her to say that he would cancel the mobile phone contract that he was paying for on her behalf.
“He also sent a message saying he would go to her house and attack her.” A statement from the woman was read out in court. It said: “I took him back because he was so remorseful and he made me feel sorry for him but he has made me feel worthless.”
Laura Johnson, defending, said: “He accepts he’s be in a relationship with her for almost the full time since the restraining order was put in place.
“She had a mobile phone in his name and was running up large bills on a monthly basis. He also says that she couldn’t deal with him having a daughter from another relationship.
“He accepts he sent her text messages but denies making any threats.”
Warren, of Waller Terrace, Houghton-le-Spring, will be back at the court on October 15 for a hearing to determine whether he made any threats in the text messages. He was remanded in custody until then.