DCSIMG

Electrocuted man suffered burns to arms and legs

.

.

POLICE today warned of the dangers of derelict sites after a man was electrocuted in South Tyneside.

At 8.35am today, officers received a report from the ambulance service that a man had been electrocuted after cutting into a live wire on a derelict site in South Shields.

He was taken to hospital with burns to his hands and legs, but his condition is not believed to be life-threatening.

Inspector Don Wade of South Shields Police said derelict sites can be dangerous, and people should not tamper with any metal on disused land.

“Whoever is responsible needs to be aware they are risking their lives.

“Cutting any electric cable is incredibly dangerous and could lead to serious, if not fatal injuries.

“This exposed cable could also pose a serious danger to others who may come across it. It’s just not worth it.”

Police inquiries into the incident are continuing.

 
 
 

Back to the top of the page