A South Tyneside web troll who warned a terrified Labour MP she was 'going to get it like Jo Cox' in a sickening anti-Semitic threat is facing jail.
John Nimmo sparked major safety concerns after sending two chilling email messages to Merseyside MP Luciana Berger, in which he also branded her 'Jewish scum' and told her to 'watch her back'.
The second of the two messages - which were sent in the space of three days earlier this month - made a vile reference to the slain Labour politician Jo Cox, accompanied by a picture of a large knife.
The Wavertree MP, who was elected Britain's youngest Jewish MP in 2010 and is standing to be Liverpool's Metro mayor, said she was caused 'huge distress' by the threats and feared for the safety of herself and her family.
She reported the messages to police after receiving the second tirade shortly after finishing her regular Friday afternoon MP's surgery.
She was forced to alter staffing arrangements to ensure that she a member of team was always present with her during her duties.
Batley and Spen MP Mrs Cox was fatally shot and stabbed on the steps of her constituency surgery last month.
Nimmo, of Moreland Road, South Shields, admitted two charges of sending threatening emails to cause distress or anxiety, at an earlier hearing at South Tyneside Magistrates' Court.
He was back in the dock today for sentencing, but magistrates decided the offences were so serious he should be dealt with at the crown court.
The court heard that 28-year-old Nimmo was previously locked up for eight weeks in January 2014 after targeting feminist campaigner Caroline Criado-Perez and Stella Creasy on Twitter.
He sent a string of menacing tweets to both, including a threat to rape Ms Criado-Perez.
Nimmo fired off the first of his latest sickening brace of messages on July 6, in support of another man, who has been charged with allegedly using social media to harass the MP between October 2014 and January 2015.
Glenda Beck, prosecuting, said: "The injured party is Luciana Berger, the Labour MP for Wavertree.
"On July 6, she received an email saying 'Revenge will be sweet.
"Watch your back, Jewish scum. Your friends, the Nazis."
"On July 8, she received a second message stating 'you are going to get it like Jo Cox did, watch your back you Jewish scum.
"The email was accompanied by a digital image of a large knife.
"Luciana Berger said she was very concerned by the threats.
"She received the message upon leaving her surgery and feared for her safety.
"Nimmo was identified as the person responsible when inquiries led to his email account at his home address.
"On July 11 he was arrested."
In a victim statement read out in court, Ms Berger said: "The incident caused me huge distress.
"Especially, as at the time i received the second email i was leaving my surgery at about 6pm in the evening.
"I was extremely concerned for my safety and felt immediately under threat.
"I have previously received anti-Semitic messages but the reference to my colleague Jo Cox was terrifying.
"I immediately made contact with police.
"I am in the middle of a mayoral campaign which puts me in the public forefront
"My biggest concern was not knowing who this was.
"They could've been next door to me.
"It made me feel physically sick.
"The anti-Semitic content, the mention of Jo Cox and the image of the knife caused me great fear and anguish."
Paul Kennedy, defending, said Nimmo never intended to follow up on his 'idle threats'.
But a pre-sentence report compiled by the probation service revealed fears he could take the 'next step' and act out his words in a bid for attention.
Mr Kennedy said: "He is 28-years-old and until the age of 25 he had never been involved with the criminal justice system.
"I accept those are similar matters but there was nothing previous to that.
"For his first offence he was dealt with at Westminster Magistrates' Court and was given eight weeks custody.
"I accept the offence is aggravated due to the previous offence.
"In reality these threats were never likely to be carried out.
"The probation service suggests he could make the next step and carry out his actions in a desire for attention.
"In reality, since his conviction in 2014, neither previous lady involved have made any complaints against him.
"These were idle threats made in a climate which was unhelpful, as anxieties were heightened.
"I would ask you to consider suspending a prison sentence to leave this hanging over his head and make him think about his behaviour."
Ian Alexander, chair of the magistrates, said; "Due to the serious nature of the offences this will go to the crown court for sentencing as our powers are insufficient."
Nimmo was remanded in custody until his hearing at Newcastle Crown Court on August 24.