Kitchen left damaged after accidental fire

The incident happened in Marshall Wallis Road. Image copyright Google Maps.
The incident happened in Marshall Wallis Road. Image copyright Google Maps.

A kitchen has been left badly damaged after a breakfast time blaze.

Crews of firefighters from South Shields and Hebburn were called to an upstairs flat in Marshall Wallis Road, South Shields, at 8.25am today to tackle the fire.

Two officers wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel to put it out, with fans used to clear the home of fumes.

Other areas of the property were left affected by smoke.

All those who had been inside the flat at the time had got out before the fire service arrived.

Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service said the cause of the blaze is believed to be accidental.