SEVERAL parts of the North East suffered flooding today after gale force winds and the biggest storm surge in 30 years.
A list of affected area was issued by Northumbria Police at 5pm. It was:
* Hebburn Marina and Riverside - walkways and roadways are affected.
* Customs House, South Shields
* Wapping Street, South Shields
* Sunderland beach - a minor road is closed
* Hendon Fish Quay
* South Hylton, near the Gold Lion Pub
* Roker seafront
* Industrial units at Derwent Haugh
* Friars Waugh, Felling
* ‘Flats News’ and ‘Brewery Band’
* Ferry landing
* Low Parade, Whitley Bay
* Quayside from the Swing Bridge towards Chase bar and Quayside bar.
* Berwick waters
* Beadnell Bay
* Blyth - Harbour Wall, Sussex Street.
Residents can access the latest ‘alert’ information at the environment agency website - www.environmnet-agency.gov.uk or by calling Floodline on 0845 988 1188. Specific flood information is available at www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homeandleisure/floods
* Have you been affected by today’s storm? Tweet your pictures to @shieldsgazette or e-mail them to email@example.com