YOHAN Cabaye has challenged Newcastle United’s director of football Joe Kinnear to reveal the “truth” about his summer strike.
The midfielder refused to play in the club’s opening two Premier League games in the wake of a bid from Arsenal, which was rejected.
Cabaye went on to apologise to Newcastle’s fans for his actions.
And the 27-year-old last week told the Gazette he had “moved on” – and was focused on his career at United.
However, Cabaye was asked about the episode by journalists after linking up with his France team-mates ahead of games against Austrailia and Finland.
The former Lille player wouldn’t be drawn on the events of August.
But Cabaye suggested Kinnear – who hasn’t spoken publicly since the closing of the transfer window – should speak about what happened.
“The only other person who knows the truth is Joe Kinnear,” said Cabaye. “If he is honest, he will tell it.”
Pressed by reporters for an explanation, he added: “It’s not for me to answer.
“I don’t want to talk about it. This is a Press conference for the national team.”
Cabaye was left out of the last France squad in the wake of his non-involvement against Manchester City and West Ham United.
He has since been reintegrated back into Alan Pardew’s squad.
And Cabaye, recalled by France coach Didier Deschamps, was outstanding in Saturday’s 2-1 win over Cardiff City.
Ahead of the fixture, he said: “I have moved on, and I want to be focused on the team’s future. The summer was what it was. I’m strong in my mind and I’m positive.
“I want to do my best on the pitch to help my team-mates and everyone on the pitch.
“I respect everyone every day. I will do that until the end.”
Newcastle declined to comment.
Meanwhile, on-loan Dan Gosling made his Blackpool debut in the club’s goalless draw at Charlton Athletic on Saturday.
The 23-year-old has joined the club until January.