Mohamed Diame says he MUST do better at Newcastle United.
The powerful midfielder left promoted Hull City to sign for the relegated club in the summer.
But Diame has only, so far, shown glimpses of his talent.
And the 29-year-old, speaking ahead of Saturday's home game against Brentford, has admitted he must improve in the final third of the pitch.
READ MORE: Mohamed Diame reveals why he turned his back on Premier League football to play for Newcastle
Asked if there was more to come from him, Diame said: "Yes, I think so.
“When Rafa Benitez called me, he called me for more than I am giving at the moment.
“I am still working hard, that’s why I think I am still in the team, but need to give more offensively.”
Diame is looking to bring goals to Newcastle.
“Yes, I’m waiting for this, but I’m working hard for the team and I think that is why I am still in the starting XI," he told nufcTV.
“I think I am working hard, but now I need to improve offensively and give more for this team.”
Diame – who helped Senegal beat Cape Verde 2-0 in a World Cup qualifier at the weekend – is ready to take on seventh-placed Brentford.
“I am back to training and I have all week to be ready for the next game," he said.
"We need to get back and work for this important game at home against Brentford, because it's important to stop losing points at home.
“Every team who comes to Newcastle think they have nothing to lose.
"They are going to give it everything – so we need to be prepared and ready."