We’ve got our top finalists for the Chip Shop Of The Year – 2016 and now the competition is all about finding who will be number one.
You’ve given us ten mouth-watering candidates and now it’s time to ensure your favourite nets the top spot. What is it that keeps you going back to your choice for more?
The food obviously will have a massive say. Is it a signature fish dish exclusive to them? What about the service and the welcome you receive? Or perhaps it’s that you just know that pound for pound, the value you get at your favourite just can’t be beaten? So who do you want to win?
To vote from the list, simply get your copy of the Shields Gazette and return the coupon printed on the Chippy of the Year page back to us, stating the voting number and full name and address of the chip shop or restaurant you wish to nominate.
Closing date for nominations is 10am, Friday, August 26.
Please be aware that photocopied or defaced coupons will not be accepted. Hand delivered coupons to the office or coupons that are received after the closing date will also not be accepted.
THE TOP 10 SHORTLIST
01. Billys Golden Fish and Chip, 31 Fellgate Avenue, Jarrow.
02. Billys Golden Fish and Chip, 18 Horsley Hill Square, South Shields.
03. Boldon Bite, 92 Hindmarch Drive, West Boldon.
04. Colmans, 182-186 Ocean Road, South Shields.
05. Frankies Fish and Chips, 8 Stoddart St, South Shields.
06. Frydays Fish Bar and Grill, 27 East Smithy St, South Shields.
07. Golden Chippy, 21 Hedworth Lane, Boldon Colliery.
08. Green Lane Fisheries, 250 Green Lane East, South Shields.
09. Pauls Fish Grill, 301 Albert Road, Jarrow.
10. Red Hut, 102 Ocean Road, South Shields.