Barcelona weigh up shock move for Newcastle's Ayoze Perez
Newcastle United's Ayoze Perez is a target for Barcelona, according to a report today.
The talented forward has been identified as a "potential understudy" to the club's front three of Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez and Neymar, according to The Mirror.
And it is claimed that the La Liga club has been in contact with Newcastle about Perez, who has scored six goals so far this season.
The 22-year-old, signed from Tenerife two years ago as an unknown, told the Gazette in October 2014 that Barcelona and Real Madrid had shown interest in him before he signed for United.
Perez signed a new five-and-a-half-year deal at St James's Park in February.
The Spain Under-21 international said at the time: "The truth is I'm really happy here, so it's a good thing for me, and I hope it's the same for the Geordie family."
Perez is preparing for 17th-placed Newcastle's must-win Premier League game against Aston Villa on Saturday.
Take a look at and "like" our new NUFC Facebook page here