Bin fire spreads to house in South Shields street

A bin fire spread to the guttering of a house in a South Shields street.

By The Newsroom
Tuesday, 19th December 2017, 5:53 am
Updated Tuesday, 19th December 2017, 6:15 am
Prince Edward Road in South Shields. Copyright Google Maps.
Prince Edward Road in South Shields. Copyright Google Maps.

Officers from South Shields and Sunderland fire stations were called to Prince Edward Road just before 9pm yesterday.

Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service say a large bin fire had spread to guttering of a neighbouring building.

The guttering was 100% destroyed by the fire, although there were no reports of any injuries.

The blaze was put out using one hose reel.