Candle fire destroys TV in South Shields home

Fire crews attended the blaze in Canterbury Street, South Shields.
Fire crews attended the blaze in Canterbury Street, South Shields.

Fire crews were called out after a candle caused a small blaze in a house.

Two engines from South Shields Community Fire Station attended Cantebury Street in Westoe, South Shields, at 7.30pm yesterday.

A TV, chair & part of the flooring were severely damaged by heat.

The remainder of the flat was severely damaged by smoke.

For candle safety advice click here.