Candle fire destroys TV in South Shields home

Fire crews were called out after a candle caused a small blaze in a house.

Friday, 1st February 2019, 2:47 pm
Updated Thursday, 7th February 2019, 3:58 pm
Fire crews attended the blaze in Canterbury Street, South Shields.

Two engines from South Shields Community Fire Station attended Cantebury Street in Westoe, South Shields, at 7.30pm yesterday.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

A TV, chair & part of the flooring were severely damaged by heat.

The remainder of the flat was severely damaged by smoke.

For candle safety advice click here.