Three children and an adult were treated by firefighters after being rescued from a house in South Shields last night.
Crews from Hebburn and South Shields fire stations were called to a house in the Masefield Drive area of the town shortly after 10pm, to a report of a fire in the kitchen.
A pan was removed from the house and the cooker disconnected from its electrical supply.
Three children were rescued by firefighters and treated with oxygen as a precaution.
An adult was also rescued and given first aid but none of the residents required hospital treatment.