Terrified woman forced to move house after ex beat her black and blue

editorial image

A TERRIFIED woman was forced to move out of her home after an attack at the hands of her former partner.

Corey Windsor left his ex girlfriend with two black eyes and bruising after lashing out in her kitchen during a visit last summer.

Newcastle Crown Court heard the attack left the victim, who is the mother of his two children, “petrified” and forced her to move out of the house where she was living.

The violence was just weeks after Windsor, 19, tried to rob a stranger near South Shields Central Library in an early-hours attack.

Windsor, of Valley Lane, South Shields, pleaded guilty to assault and attempted robbery.

Judge Penny Moreland jailed him for a total of three years and said he must stay away from the woman for five years under the terms of a restraining order.

Judge Moreland told him: “The assault was a sustained assault, you were on bail and it occurred in her own home. She has been forced to leave her home.”

Prosecutor Paul Rowland told the court it was on June 27 Windsor attacked his first victim, who had been walking past the library looking at his phone.

Mr Rowland said: “He was approached by the defendant and the defendant attempted to pull the phone from his grasp . When he resisted, the defendant punched him in the face, the mouth.”

The court heard Windsor simply walked away after leaving his victim with a bleeding cut to his lip.

The attack on his former partner was less than two months later, when he had been invited for a drink at her home and a row broke out.

Mr Rowland said: “As a consequence of that argument, the defendant accepts he repeatedly punched the complainant in the kitchen.

“She was on the floor.”

The court head the ordeal has left her terrified and she has a police alarm fitted in the house she has moved into.

Vic Laffey, defending, said Windsor has “settled down” in custody and wants to get his life back on track,.

Mr Laffey added: “He was off the rails at the time the offences took place. They were within weeks of each other.”

Twitter: @shieldsgazette