Web pervert jailed for forcing teen to make sordid sex tapes

MARK YEELES ... jailed for six years after forcing a teenage girl to make sordid webcam sex tapes.
MARK YEELES ... jailed for six years after forcing a teenage girl to make sordid webcam sex tapes.

AN internet blackmailer has been jailed for six years after forcing a teenage girl to make sordid webcam sex tapes.

Online pervert Mark Yeeles threatened to show the pictures to the girl’s family and, for more than two years, the youngster lived in fear that her parents and friends would get sight of the degrading behaviour she had been ordered to perform.

The victim was even forced to recruit a fellow underage teenager to take part in an eight-hour rape re-enactment, where they were ordered to perform sex acts as Yeeles issued detailed instructions over webcam.

Newcastle Crown court heard the girl was left suicidal, and both girls are now receiving psychiatric care as a result of their ordeals.

Yeeles, 20, of St Vincent Street, South Shields, admitted blackmail, inciting a child to engage in sexual activity, engaging in sexual activity in the presence of a child and possessing indecent images.

Judge Guy Whitburn jailed Yeeles for six years with a two-year extended licence period, and said: “He’s ruined these two young girls’ lives”.

The judge told Yeeles: “It is quite clear you were reminding her from time to time of the power you held over her to post naked pictures of her where her friends and family would see them.

“It is clear she knew she was being blackmailed. It was well thought-out, it was deliberate and utterly heartless.”

Judge Whitburn said the case highlighted the need for young girls to be protected from internet predators.

He said: “These girls who are particularly vulnerable, very young, have to be protected from the consequences of their own folly.”

Gavin Doig, prosecuting, told the court Yeeles approached his young victim over the internet after he got hold of a picture of her wearing only underwear.

Mr Doig said: “He threatened to distribute the picture he had of her unless she performed for him. “

The court heard Yeeles would threaten “your family are going to love a naked picture or two” along with similar warnings if she tried to ignore him or refuse his increasingly sick and bizarre requests.

Mr Doig added: “The defendant manipulated her, promising he would leave her alone if she complied, then failed to do so. “

The court heard the girl was on the brink of suicide when Yeeles ordered her to involve a friend in one of the sex videos.

He promised he would delete all of the images he had of her if she performed sex acts with a friend and was warned “for your sake, persuade her to do it”.

Mr Doig told the court: “They both performed for Yeeles. He was instructing them what to do. He was continuing to threaten to publish images if not satisfied with their performance.”

The court heard that, after the girls were ordered to engage in “vile and depraved practices”, Yeeles sent a picture to one of them, clearly indicating he had not deleted everything as promised.

He then left the girls alone for around a year before making another approach, which prompted them to contact the police. The court heard Yeeles had kept a collection of the videos he had forced the girls to make on his computer.

The court heard Yeeles has never been in trouble before.

Vic Laffey, defending, said: “He would not say boo to a goose but, under the cover of the internet, he was able to present himself as something he simply isn’t. There is no doubt he feels genuine remorse. He didn’t realise the torment he was putting people through but he does now.”

Twitter @shieldsgazette