Woman threatened to kill her girlfriend in violent drunken fight outside South Shields McDonald’s

Laura Tinn
Laura Tinn

A woman who threatened to kill her girlfriend during a drunken street fight outside a fast food restaurant has been locked up.

Laura Tinn and her partner had to be separated by police as they grabbed each other by the hair and kicked out at each other outside McDonalds, in Keppel Street, South Shields.

South Shields McDonald's

South Shields McDonald's

Tinn appeared at South Tyneside Magistrates’ Court yesterday after being arrested on a warrant for failing to turn up for a previous court date in relation to the drunk and disorderly offence.

The court heard that Tinn, of Dean Road, South Shields, was subject to a suspended prison sentence at the time of the offence, imposed at Newcastle Crown Court last June for an affray charge.

She had also failed to comply with that suspended sentence, and admitted a second charge of failing to notify the court about a change of address in relation to the order.

Glenda Beck, prosecuting, said: “In regards to the drunk and disorderly matter, police were informed of two females fighting at the rear of McDonalds in South Shields after it was caught by town centre cameras on December 14.

Tinn lunged towards the female and said ‘I will you’.

Prosecutor, Glenda Beck

“The pair had hold of each other by the hair and were lashing out with their feet.

“They had to be separated by police but Tinn lunged towards the female and said to her ‘I will kill you’.

“She was identified as being drunk and was cautioned and arrested.

“She failed to appear in court in relation to the charge in January and the case was proved in her absence and a warrant without bail was issued.”

Paul Kennedy, defending, said: “The offence dates back to December of last year and the other woman involved is her partner. They had been out, had an argument and the police were called and separated them.

“The matter was forgotten about the next morning.

Ellaine McCulloch, chairwoman of the magistrates, fined Tinn £110 and ordered her to pay court costs of £85 and a £20 victim surcharge. and activated the full 12-week term of her prison sentence for breaching her suspended sentence order.