SOCIAL networking sites were today inundated with tributes to tragic South Shields teenager Jack Burden.
The 18-year-old student, was with a party from Harton Technology College, in Tanzania, when he suffered a severe allergic reaction.
He was on a trip with school expedition company, True Adventure, to the East African country when he died yesterday.
The teenager was on an expedition with his classmates when he suffered a severe allergic reaction.
Despite receiving immediate first aid and treatment with EpiPens - an emergency treatment for anaphylaxis - he could not be resuscitated.
Jack’s friends took to Facebook to express their shock and sadness as his sudden passing.
Kieran Mckeith said: “Absolutely devastated, Jack was easily one of the kindest, most caring lads I could have wished to have met, never had a bad word to say about anyone. Was an absolute pleasure knowing you, thoughts are with his family. RIP.”
Shannon Wallace wrote: “Absolutely gutted about hearing this but couldn’t have been more honoured to have known such a lovely person. Never heard a bad word said about him. You’ll never ever be forgotten, Jack Burden. Fly high and shine bright. God definitely takes the best. RIP.”
Ryan Maughan added: “RIP, Jack, was an absolute pleasure playing cricket with you. Taken far too soon.”
Emily Maher said: “RIP Jack Burden, taken far too young, my thoughts are with your family.”
Michael Elliot wrote: “Woke up to the saddest news, that one of my best friends has sadly passed away. Jack Burden - top lad and was loved by everybody that knew him.”
Callum Beig said: “You’ve had an impact on everyone you encountered including me. One of the nicest lads I’ve ever met and always had time for people. RIP mate, way too young to be gone.”
Jenn Boyack said: “So speechless. Gone way, way too soon. So devastated. You’re going to be missed. One of the most amazing people. RIP.”
For more news on this breaking story, keep visiting www.shieldsgazette.com