Electrical fault blamed for South Shields house fire

An electrical fault has been blamed for a fire at a house in South Shields late last night.

Friday, 11th January 2019, 7:52 am
Updated Friday, 11th January 2019, 7:59 am
Newbury Street. Picture from Google Images

Crews from South Shields and Hebburn fire stations were called to a semi-detached house in Newbury Street at 12.20am.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

They used CO2 extinguishers to tackle a blaze in the fuse box.

The fire caused damage to the hallway of the house, while smoke caused slight damage to the first floor.