Electrical fault with toy hoverboard causes fire at house

Three crews were called to reports of a fire caused by an electrical fault with a toy hoverboard.

Thursday, 5th December 2019, 9:57 am
Crews were called to Shelley Avenue, Boldon Colliery.

Firefighters from South Shields and Washington attended Shelley Avenue, in Boldon Colliery, at 5.45pm on Wednesday, December 4.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

The fire was confined to the ground-floor passage of a two-storey home. A toy hoverboard and square of carpet were destroyed.

A spokesman for Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service said the fire was put out prior to its arrival on and that all residents were safe.