Fire crews tackle flat blaze in South Shields
Firefighters tackled a flat blaze in South Shields last night.
Crews from South Shields were called out to a property in Mowbray Road shortly after 8pm.
A spokesman for Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue service said: "At 8.14pm on Monday, March 6, two appliances from South Shields Fire Station attended Mowbray Road, in South Shields.
"This was a two-storey terraced property divided into two flats.
"The fire was located in the bathroom of the upstairs flat.
"A camping stove was 50% damaged by fire. The bathroom was 20% damaged by fire and 100% smoke damaged. The remainder of the flat was 5% lightly smoke damaged.
"Crews used one hose reel, two breathing apparatus and one positive pressure ventilation fan."