`

Fire in South Shields flat after kitchen hob is turned on accidentally

Kensington Court, in South Shields. Copyright Google Maps
Kensington Court, in South Shields. Copyright Google Maps

Firefighters dealt with a flat fire in South Shields.

Crews from the town’s fire station were called to Kensington Court shortly before 5.30pm on Thursday.

A kettle and the top of an electric cooker in the second-floor flat were 20% damaged by fire and the rest of the flat left smoke damaged.

The fire was caused after the hob was turned on accidentally.

Eight firefighters dealt with the blaze.

No-one was hurt in the incident.