Firefighters called to South Tyneside launderette after dirty washing sparks fire fears

Firefighters were called to a launderette in South Tyneside this evening.

Wednesday, 12th October 2016, 7:28 pm
Updated Tuesday, 25th October 2016, 5:52 pm
Firefighters were called out to Dean Road, South Shields.

Crews attended the business in Dean Road, Westoe, South Shields, at about 7.15pm.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

They were called due to a bag of washing overheating after it was placed on top of a washing machine.

There was no fire, but the clothes were damaged.