Firefighters have extinguished a blaze in a West Boldon garage.
The contents of the garage, in Shepherds Way, were destroyed in the fire, which is thought to have been caused by an electrical fault in a tumble dryer.
A crew from Washington Fire Station and one from South Shields attended the scene at 7.26pm on Friday.
A Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “It was a single-storey, domestic garage.
“The garage roof and contents were 100% severely damaged by fire.
“Two hose reels, four breathing apparatus and a positive pressure ventilation fan were used to extinguish the fire.”