Firefighters use pan of water to tackle South Shields kitchen blaze

Firefighters fought a blaze in the kitchen of a South Shields flat with a pan of water.

Wednesday, 11th September 2019, 15:05 pm
Prince Edward Road. Picture from Google Images

Three appliances were called to the fire in the kitchen of the first floor flat above a shop in Prince Edward Road shortly before 1pm on Tuesday, September 10.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

A toaster was destroyed by fire and the kitchen and the remainder of the flat were lightly damaged by fire and smoke.

The shop downstairs did not suffer any damage.