Gazebo set alight after pizza oven falls apart at South Shields birthday party

Harton Village. Photo copyright Google Maps.
Harton Village. Photo copyright Google Maps.

Firefighters were called to a birthday bash after a pizza oven blaze set light to a gazebo.

The crew from South Shields Fire Station were called to the garden of a house in the Harton Village end of Sunderland Road in the town at 3.45pm.

The officers found the fire was already out, but had been caused when the chimney of the pizza over crumbled and lit part of the tent’s awning.

The team ensured the fire was out and there was no further risk of damage.