Little Mix's Perrie left with burns to her hand after setting herself on fire
Popstar Perrie Edwards is recovering from burns after the pilot light on her boiler 'blew up.'
The Little Mix singer, who performed just 24 hours earlier at this year's Brit Awards show, posted photographs of her injuries on Twitter.
The message, sent through the group's @LittleMix account, shows two photos of her right hand.
The South Shields lass said: "So today I had an accident...and by accident I mean I accidentally set myself on fire.
The 10 South Tyneside streets with most disorder and anti-social behaviour in June
Owners urged to keep dogs on leads after 'two swans are killed' at South Tyneside beauty spot
'We can support each other': South Tyneside mum who lost son to suicide to hold fundraiser for new support group
Bats still holding up demolition of ‘eyesore’ Jarrow building after six years
Striking new images show vision for South Tyneside College and Customs House in bid for town centre levelling-up cash
"The pilot light on my boiler blew up and it set my arm/hand on fire.
"Not a pleasant experience.
"I'm in pain, full of blisters, there's not one hair left on my hand or arm, and it burned the sleeve of my favourite jumper."
"A little advice from me...STAY AWAY FROM FIRE! #StaySafeKids."
She also added an expletive to the message, calling the accident a "nightmare."
The girl group, which also features fellow South Shields girl Jade Thirlwall, Leigh-Anne Pinnick and Jessy Nelson, was nominated at Wednesday's Brits for Best British Single for their song Black Magic, which went to Adele for Hello and for British Artist Video of the Year category, which went to One Direction's Drag Me Down.
However, the night was still a success for the girls, when they took to the stage to perform Black Magic live.