Where to park for free in South Shields town centre as town holds HUGE Christmas market
As South Shields gets set to hold a huge Christmas market this weekend, South Tyneside Council has announced there will be free parking in a bid to encourage festive shoppers to the town.
On Saturday, December 7, Market Square will play host to more than 70 stalls selling a variety of festive goods and gifts, while an impressive line-up of entertainers will bring Christmas cheer to shoppers.
Backed by the council as part of their Small Business Saturday, there will be free parking throughout the day in a number of council car parks.
Here is a full list of the car parks that will be free on the day:
• Charlotte Street Central Car Park, Charlotte Street South Car Park, Charlotte Street West Car Park and Charlotte Street North.
• Thomas Street Car Park.
• Mile End Road Car Park.
• North Street (car parking).
• Salem Street (car parking).
• Oyston Street Car Park.
• East Street (car parking).
• Winchester Street Car Park.
• Library Car Park.
Throughout December the same car parks will also be free to park in after 3pm on Monday to Saturday all day on Sunday’s.
No ticket is needed during these times.