Rubbish fire destroys front door of building

Firefighters were called out after a rubbish blaze destroyed a front door.

Wednesday, 7th February 2018, 7:07 am
Updated Wednesday, 7th February 2018, 7:20 am
Inverness Road in Jarrow. Copyright Google Maps.

It happened in Inverness Road on the Scotch Estate in Jarrow, at 10.50pm yesterday.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Officers from South Shields and Hebburn stations rushed out after the blaze spread to the UPVC front door of a property leading to an upstairs flat.

The door was completely destroyed but there was no further damage to the inside of the building.

No-one was in the property at the time of the incident.