Community centres in South Tyneside are facing the axe as council chiefs look for ways to cope with funding cuts.
Council leader Iain Malcolm has asked for a review of the centres, which provide activities, support and a home for groups in their neighbourhoods.
But these are the questions the council refused to answer when we asked:
1) Which community centres are under threat?
2) What is the review going to be looking at?
3) What are the council’s plans in relation to those under-threat community centres?
4) How much is the council looking at saving through closing community centres?
5) What provisions will the council be putting in place to replace the lost facilities in the areas where they close the centres?
6) Which centres are not part of the review process and why?