Are these South Tyneside’s top 14 cafes?
Gazette readers have chosen their favourite places for a cuppa in our Cafe of the Year competition.
Here’s the final shortlist of 14, in no particular order:
1) Mac ‘N’ alli, Village Centre, Sea Winnings Way, South Shields
2) Cafe Monteiro, Age UK, 29 Beach Road, South Shields
3) Frankie’s Diner, 2A King Street, South Shields
4) Nook Cafe, 191 Prince Edward Road, South Shields
5) Aldermans Coffee House, 11/12 Market Place, South Shields
6) Charlstons, 8 Mile End Road, South Shields
7) Milk and Sugar, 28 North Road, Boldon, Colliery
8) The Hot Plate, Tedco Business Park, Henry Robson Way, South Shields
9) Michael’s Cafe, 10 Denmark Centre, South Shields
10) Clifton Coffee Shop, The Clifton, 101 Ocean Rd, South Shields
11) The People’s Cafe, South Shields Central Library, Prince Georg Square, South Shields
12) Cafe No. 4, Station Road, East Boldon
13) Debenhams Cafe, 4 Waterloo Square, South Shields
14) Jolie Rose Vintage Tea Room, 39 Westoe Road, South Shields
To vote for your favourite finalist, pick up a copy of today’s Gazette for your voting slip.