Andros Townsend says he's ready to hit the ground running at Newcastle United – and put a difficult few months behind him.
Townsend yesterday joined the club from Tottenham Hotspur in a £12million deal.
The 24-year-old hasn't played a Premier League game since October, having fallen out of favour after a row with a fitness coach.
Townsend has been playing Under-21 Premier League football since then.
But the England international has insisted that he's fit and ready to be pitched into Newcastle's relegation battle against Everton at Goodison Park on February 3.
"I've played a lot of Premier League games in the past," said Townsend today.
"I've played six or seven times for the Under-21s. I'm ready and fully fit."
On his move to United, Townsend said: "I'm delighted to finally be a Newcastle player.
"Talks have been going on for two or three weeks, and I just had to keep my focus. With six days (of the transfer window to go), they finally got the deal done."