Newcastle and Nowich tipped to make Aston Villa move plus West Ham and Fulham track £20million striker: Gossip

While England are gearing up for their Euro 2020 opener against Croatia on Sunday, Newcastle and their Premier League rivals are continuing the search for new signings ahead of the 2021/22 campaign.

Saturday, 12th June 2021, 11:11 am
Updated Saturday, 12th June 2021, 11:12 am

Here are some of the latest NUFC-related rumours from around the web.

Aston Villa midfielder tipped for move

One player who could be on the move this summer is Aston Villa midfielder Conor Hourihane

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Conor Hourihane playing for Swansea City.
Conor Hourihane playing for Swansea City.

The 30-year-old has a year left on his contract at Villa Park and spent the second half of last season on loan at Swansea.

Former Villa striker Gabby Agbonlahor believes Hourihane will have plenty of options if he does decide to leave.

“I think he’ll definitely have offers,” Agbonlahor told Football Insider.

“It depends what he wants to do. I think he’ll come back for pre-season, speak with the manager and take it from there.

“If he was to leave, he’d definitely have offers and there would be Premier League clubs after him.

“You look at the likes of Brentford, Newcastle. Steve Bruce knows him well. You look at Norwich Watford, the teams that have come up. They would love to have him in their team.

“He won’t be short of offers. I just hope he gets the move that’s right for him.”

Adam Armstrong latest

Former Newcastle striker Adam Armstrong is reportedly attracting interest from several clubs – yet Blackburn are yet to receive any offers for the 24-year-old.

According to The Lancashire Telegraph, Rovers have received enquiries about Armstrong but clubs are being put off by his £20million price tag.

The striker is approaching the final year of his contract at Ewood Park and is thought to have a 40-per cent sell-on clause for Newcastle if he is sold.

In the same report, it’s claimed West Ham and Fulham have made enquiries, while Norwich, Southampton, Brighton and even Newcastle are said to be interested.

Newcastle to miss out on striker

Finally, Newcastle are set to miss out on teenage striker Kyle Joseph.

Several clubs, including the Magpies and Celtic, had been credited with interest in the 19-year-old Wigan frontman.

According to Wales Online, Joseph is set to become Swansea’s first signing of the summer and the deal is expected to be officially ratified later this month.

A message from the Football Clubs Editor

Our aim is to provide you with the best, most up-to-date and most informative Newcastle United coverage 365 days a year.

This depth of coverage costs, so to help us maintain the high-quality reporting that you are used to, please consider taking out a subscription; sign up here.

Your support is much appreciated. Richard Mennear, Football Clubs Editor