Newcastle United's Chancel Mbemba is ready to travel to Portugal to complete a move to Porto, according to a report.
The defender has been told to find a new club by manager Rafa Benitez.
A proposed move to Porto broke down last month after the two clubs failed to agree a transfer fee.
However, Noticias ao Minuto today claimed that the Portuguese champions have not given up on signing Mbemba, who is rated in the £8million-bracket by Newcastle.
Mbemba, signed three years ago from Anderlecht, is waiting to see if the two clubs can reach an agreement over a fee in the coming hours, having already agreed personal terms.
The 23-year-old, also wanted by Anderlecht and Trabzonspor, has been a fringe player under Benitez, who this week signed midfielder Ki Sung-yueng.
Speaking about his situation in December, Mbemba said: “Obviously, when I’m not in the team, it hurts. But this is the reality of football.
“When these things happen, you need to be very strong mentally and continue to work.
“The manager’s the one who knows best, and who he wants to choose. He’s the boss, and we’re behind him and support him.
“Being strong mentally is something you have from the start. I needed to be strong from the outset when I was in Africa. You need to know that, in life, things will not always be easy, and you need to keep this in mind."
Mbemba's last appearance for the club came in January's FA Cup defeat to Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.
United face Porto at the Estadio do Dragao in a pre-season friendly on July 28.
Meanwhile, Crystal Palace winger Andros Townsend is again a target for Newcastle, who could sell Matt Ritchie.