Steve Bruce names two players who can leave Newcastle United

Steve Bruce says Newcastle United are waiting on offers for Ki Sung-yueng.

Tuesday, 21st January 2020, 10:42 am

Ki, along with fellow midfielder Henri Saivet, are available for transfer in this month’s transfer window.

“We’ve made it pretty clear about Ki’s position, and he’s also made it pretty clear that he wants to go out and play somewhere,” said head coach Bruce. “We’ll see what happens, but at this particular moment, nothing has really happened in that respect. Saivet, nothing’s really happened – he’s available and he needs to go and play somewhere.”

Ki, 30, out of contract at the end of the season, delivered a message to United fans in the programme for last week’s FA Cup replay against Rochdale.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Meanwhile, winger Rolando Aarons, back from a half-season loan at Wycombe Wanderers, will not be promoted to Bruce’s 25-man Premier League squad. Asked if the 24-year-old could be included, Bruce said: “No.”

Ki Sung-yueng.