All the Jarrow and Hebburn pubs which have confirmed they are planning to open outdoor areas on April 12
Nine pubs in Hebburn and Jarrow have so far confirmed that they will be welcoming customers again on Monday, April 12.
From that date, pubs in England expect to be able to provide table service to customers sitting outdoors. Some pubs have extended outdoor seating or erected marquees, while others are making full use of existing beer gardens, or a pavement licence. All the venues are crossing their fingers for sunny weather.
Some are by booking only, while others are on a first come first served basis.
Not every pub in the two towns has announced their intentions, while some have yet to agree exactly which hours they will keep. However, the following nine say they will provide table service and have confirmed as much, either directly to the Gazette or through their social media pages. Here they are in alphabetical order.
- The Albion Gin & Ale House, Walter Street, Jarrow is to put up three marquees and will operate on a first come first served basis between 11am and 11pm.
- Cock Crow Inn, Mill Lane, Hebburn has announced on its website: “Our beer garden will be reopening on 12th April. Opening hours and food service times may vary.”
- The Crown and Anchor, Chapel Road, Jarrow intends to open. Further details are yet to be provided.
- Dougie’s Tavern, Blackett Street, Hebburn) is erecting two marquees. No booking is required and the pub intends to open 10am to 11pm, subject to agreement from South Tyneside Council.
- The Greyhound pub on Hedworth Lane, Jarrow plans to open from 11.30am to 11.30pm. Customers can just turn up at their beer garden.
- The Lakeside Inn in Wardley, Jarrow has yet to give exact details to the Gazette. But their “We are busy getting the outside areas ready for April 12th”. Outdoor cuisine is available.
- Lord Nelson Inn, Monkton Lane, Jarrow will serve food and drink. Booking is not required.
- Murrays, Fellgate Avenue, Jarrow will be trading from 1pm on April 12.
- Prince of Wales, Calf Close Lane, Jarrow opens its beer garden Monday to Wednesday 11am to 9pm, Thursday to Sunday 11am to 10pm, bookings can be made online.
All details are subject to change and customers are advised to check pubs’ websites, social media or to call them beforehand.