Arise, Sir Nigel? 13 things you said about Nigel Farage retiring from politics
After achieving what he set out to do - seeing a victory for leave campaigners in an EU referendum - Nigel Farage has announced his resignation as UKIP leader.
He has been one of the most controversial politicians of modern times, and news of his departure saw social media reacting accordingly.
Here is a selection of what you had to say on our Facebook pages:
1) Leanne Brown said: "He should of resigned just for saying the day of Brexit that they never said £350million was going to NHS! Him and his party disgust me, he is a coward just like Cameron."
2) Daryn Gibson said: "UKIP are useless without Europe, no need for them, job done."
3) Leslie Leckenby said: "Should have stuck to his first resignation and took the rest of his brethren with him. Great at telling you what they don't want but got no idea what to replace it with."
4) John Lay said: "Sir Nigel, as he should be known as from now on. Let's get him into Parliament. He knows what the British people want."
5) Marie Pentland said: "He's done his job , now let us move on as independent country outside the EU."
6) Gary S Forsyth said: "No politician is honourable. He has his morals but so does everyone and I believe he is right in wanting us out of the EU and take control back of our country unlike Cameron and most of Labour.
7) Peter Graham said: " I don't think they should be allowed just to be able to walk away from the mess they've left. I think it should be up to the Commons committee to say if there able to leave there position of trust, ie on health grounds, not just leave the mess for others to clean up."
8) Marty Rome said: "He's not part of the official leave campaign never mind the government! So quit with the "disgraceful he should stay and deal with the mess" because he wouldn't be part of any decision making anyway. He knows his job has numbered days because it's all UKIP stood for."
9) Jo Lawrence said: "Shouldn't all UKIP MEP's be resigning? Talk about milking the cow."
10) David Harris said: "He can go and get a proper job."
11) Andy McLaren said: "Thank you Nigel Farage, isn't it refreshing in a time of career politicians a guy who has actively campaigned to do himself out of a job by leaving the EU! This guy is honest, forthright and history will prove him to be a fine politician and a guy who finally gave Britain their sovereignty back!
"Enjoy retirement Nigel and have a nice drink you certainly deserve it!"
12) Michael Mudditt replied: "To be seen soon in pantomime at a theatre near you, in Mother Goose, a story about an obnoxious twit who gives birth then decide she does not want to be a mother after all."
13) Linda Wood said: "He is certainly no worse than Labour who can't even back their own , at least he had the guts to say what he thinks, gets my vote."