Bin fire spreads to house in South Shields street

Prince Edward Road in South Shields. Copyright Google Maps.
Prince Edward Road in South Shields. Copyright Google Maps.

A bin fire spread to the guttering of a house in a South Shields street.

Officers from South Shields and Sunderland fire stations were called to Prince Edward Road just before 9pm yesterday.

Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service say a large bin fire had spread to guttering of a neighbouring building.

The guttering was 100% destroyed by the fire, although there were no reports of any injuries.

The blaze was put out using one hose reel.