Chopping board sparks South Shields flat blaze

A chopping board left on the hob sparked a fire alert in South Shields this morning.

Thursday, 17th January 2019, 13:08 pm
Updated Friday, 18th January 2019, 24:35 am
Holborn House

A crew from the town's fire station was called to a flat in Holborn House, Commercial Road, shortly before 10.40am.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

The occupier had managed to put the fire out using the domestic water supply and firefighters made sure the scene was safe.