Electrical fault blamed for South Shields house fire

Newbury Street. Picture from Google Images
Newbury Street. Picture from Google Images

An electrical fault has been blamed for a fire at a house in South Shields late last night.

Crews from South Shields and Hebburn fire stations were called to a semi-detached house in Newbury Street at 12.20am.

They used CO2 extinguishers to tackle a blaze in the fuse box.

The fire caused damage to the hallway of the house, while smoke caused slight damage to the first floor.