Kitchen left damaged after accidental fire

A kitchen has been left badly damaged after a breakfast time blaze.

Saturday, 7th October 2017, 8:25 pm
Updated Tuesday, 12th December 2017, 3:24 am
The incident happened in Marshall Wallis Road. Image copyright Google Maps.

Crews of firefighters from South Shields and Hebburn were called to an upstairs flat in Marshall Wallis Road, South Shields, at 8.25am today to tackle the fire.

Two officers wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel to put it out, with fans used to clear the home of fumes.

Other areas of the property were left affected by smoke.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

All those who had been inside the flat at the time had got out before the fire service arrived.

Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service said the cause of the blaze is believed to be accidental.