Man given oxygen after kitchen fire in high rise block of flats

A man had to be given oxygen after a kitchen fire broke out in a high rise block of flats.

Tuesday, 5th February 2019, 5:49 am
Updated Thursday, 7th February 2019, 4:34 pm
Durham Court, in Hebburn.

A total of 16 firefighters from South Shields, Hebburn and Wallsend stations were called to Durham Court in Hebburn just after 5.30pm yesterday.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

A kitchen fire in a flat caused smoke damage to a flat and also to the communal corridor area.

One man had to be given oxygen by paramedics while other residents were checked over.

No-one was seriously injured in the incident.