Fire crews called to suspected gas leak at a South Shields house

Fire fighters were called to a suspected gas leak in South Shields which was thankfully a false alarm.

Tuesday, 21st January 2020, 3:44 pm
Updated Tuesday, 21st January 2020, 4:42 pm
Crews were sent to the scene on Broughton Road.

Shortly before 2.45pm on Tuesday, January 21, Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue were called to a “suspected gas leak” at a home in South Shields.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

One crew from South Shields Community Fire Station were sent to Broughton Road near Romilly Street along with gas experts.

After a short investigation at the address, a TWFRS spokeswoman confirmed: “It turned out to be a false alarm.”

Thankfully, the incident turned out to be a false alarm.