What we asked the council about Â£130,000 spent on summer festival gigs - and what they said
These are the seven questions we asked South Tyneside Council about the Â£130,000 spent on this year's summer gigs.
1. How much was spent on hiring musical acts as part of the South Tyneside Festival 2016?
Acts who performed at Bents Park, South Shields: £76,000
Acts who performed in South Marine Park: £1,640
Acts who performed at the Amphitheatre in Sea Road : £ 8,824
2. How much was spent on riders for the musical acts ahead of their performances on the day?
How much was spent on hotels and travel costs for performers ahead of their shows?
3. How much was spent on hospitality throughout the duration of the festival. For example entertaining dignitaries and guests before the Summer Parade?
4. How much was spent throughout the entire festival on stage hire and erection costs?
5a. How much was spent on overtime wages for South Tyneside Council employees?
b. How much was spent on hiring contractors throughout the duration of the festival?
The final accounts have yet to be submitted by various contractors so we are unable to provide a figure at the present moment in time.
6a. How much was spent on advertising the festival?
b. Can the costs be broken down for newspapers, radio, television and billboards/leaflets?
Billboards/ Leaflets: £4,060
c. Can the companies who received payments for advertising be listed?
North East Lifestyle
CBS outdoor/Exterion Media
Whitley Bay News Guardian
7. What was the total cost of the South Tyneside Festival 2016?
The final accounts have yet to be submitted by various contractors so we are unable to provide a 2016 figure at the present moment in time.