Amazon Prime Early Access Sale 2022: best deals, how to get free access, when is it on, how long does it last?
Amazon is staging an October sale to help customers spread the cost of the festive season - and great deals are expected
Amazon Prime Early Access Sale: best deals, how to get free access
This article contains affiliate links. We may earn a small commission on items purchased through this article, but that does not affect our editorial judgement.
Amazon is running a huge sale, its “Prime Early Access Sale” from 1am on October 11 until 11.59pm on October 12.
The online retail giant claims the early sale is designed to help spread the cost of the festive season - particularly considering the current cost of living crisis.
While the sale is technically for Amazon Prime customers, non-Prime members could sign up for a free trial and access the sale, provided they have not had a Prime subscription or free trial previously.
You can sign up for a free trial here.
There are deals across many top categories, from including electronics, fashion, home, kitchen, toys, and Amazon Devices.
So, what’s on sale then?
In the UK, Prime members will find discounts on electronics from Samsung and Shark, kitchen essentials from Tefal, toys from Lego and Melissa & Doug, beauty favourites from CeraVe, and top fashion picks from Levi and Swarovski.
Some of the deals previewed include huge savings on Amazon devices - from Echo smart speakers, Fire tablets and Fire TVs, as well as up to 50% off headphones.
Shoppers can also expect to pick up impressive bargains on laptops, electric toothbrushes, blenders, mattresses - even fire pits.
You can keep an eye on the deals via the early access section of the Prime website, here.
What else do you get with an Amazon Prime membership?
There’s plenty to be said for being an Amazon Prime member. In the first instance, of course, you’ll have access to the Prime Day deals - both this Early Access October sale, and the massive sales event Prime host in June, Amazon Prime Day.
You also benefit from free next-day or same-day delivery on most sales items, and get access to Prime Video - which includes plenty of free TV and movies, Amazon Music services, and thousands of free e-books.
Amazon Prime currently costs £8.99 a month, making it a solid deal.
Our favourite deals from the Early Access Sale
Beats by Dre have a reputation for being some of the best headphones on the market, both noise-cancelling and clarity of sound.
There’s a whopping 46% off these Beats now:
- High-performance wireless noise cancelling headphones
- Compatible with iOS and Android devices.
- Pure adaptive noise canceling (pure ANC) actively blocks external noise
- Real-time Audio calibration preserves a Premium listening experience
- Up to 22 hours of battery life enables full-featured all-day wireless playback
One reviewer noted “These headphones are so comfy and cup around the ears perfectly for noise cancelling. I know they are wireless but when you use them with the 3.5mm headphone cable it’s just so so so much louder. It’s mad that songs I’ve listening to a thousands times I can now hear different instruments or parts that are so clear it’s crazy how I didn’t pick up on these before.”
Air Fryer’s are having a moment, as consumers seek a means of making dinner in a healthier, more energy efficient fashion. This Tefal ActiFry is an absolute steal, at 47% off.
- 2in1 technology: Up to 54 smart programmes combos to cook all the parts of your meal to perfection and have them ready at the same time
- Healthy and easy: Genius technology means it uses less oil and does the stirring for you. That’s why 97% of testers prefer Actifry Genius*
- Quick and easy results: 9 smart auto programmes and built-in timer means you get tasty meals without having to resort to guesswork
Reviewers praised the Actifry for being super intuitive to use, quick, and producing fluffy, crispy potatoes and fries with ease.
A smooth, handheld ‘gun’ device, the Philips Lumea Advanced use intense pulsed light (IPL) - gentle flashes of light that target the root of the hair, to inhibit the cycle of regular hair growth. With continued use, it purports to result in completely smooth legs.
Per our review, they’re great at both leg and facial hair “But the Lumea, after about four weeks’ use, to my delight, broke the spirit of my facial hair. The moustache grows back as a whisper of its former self, and much more slowly. Same with the chin whiskers, which sprout up much less frequently, are thinner, and require a simple easy tug with a pair of tweezers, as opposed to the yank they once required.”
These pocket-sized airbuds are impressive - and coveted. They offer great noise cancellation and superb sound quality.
We love the ‘transparency mode’ - it elevates outside noise without switching off noise cancellation entirely, if you’re on the move and need a certain awareness of your surroundings.
- Active Noise Cancellation blocks outside noise, so you can immerse yourself in music
- Transparency mode for hearing and interacting with the world around you
- Spatial audio with dynamic head tracking places sound all around you
The OG straighteners, but amped up with modern technology - and we think, still the best. Use them to smooth your locks or create a perfect curl. They heat to 185ºC in 30 seconds and have an automatic sleep mode if left unattended.
- Ghd’s professional hair straightener for sleek, smooth and shiny hair
- High performance styling: Single-zoneTM technology controls the optimum styling temperature of 185°C consistently across both plates for guaranteed sleek and smooth results with no extreme heat.
- Beautiful results: smooth ceramic floating plates with gloss coating to provide enhanced shine.
This is a great price.
Nothing is more coveted at Christmastime than a new console - this is one of the most popular.
A fabulous home and handheld hybrid – plug it into the dock for HD video games on your TV with the handy controllers, or pick it up to play on the move.
It comes with a great library of video games available on the Switch, including Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros, Minecraft, Animal Crossing and more.