Jamie Reuben issues brief statement as exit adds to Newcastle United takeover intrigue

Jamie Reuben has quit his role at Queens Park Rangers.

Saturday, 24th October 2020, 8:18 am
St James's Park.

It was yesterday revealed that Reuben had left his post as a director of the Championship club.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

"I'll always remain a supporter of QPR, and wish them the best for the future,” said Reuben, who was set for a boardroom role at Newcastle United had a proposed Saudi Arabia-backed takeover been approved by the Premier League earlier this year.

The £300million deal was backed by property developers David and Simon Reuben. Reuben, son of David, spoke of his sadness in July after the Public Investment Fund pulled out of the takeover, which Newcastle owner Mike Ashley hopes can yet be revived through legal action.

“We feel great compassion for the Newcastle United fans, with whom we shared a great commitment to help Newcastle United harness its tremendous potential, and build upon its impressive and historic legacy while working closely with the local community,” said Reuben.