Newcastle United linked with £25m double summer swoop for Championship duo
Newcastle United are one of three Premier League clubs linked with a move for Wigan Athletic left-back Antonee Robinson.
Robinson, 22, was on the verge of finalising a shock £10million to AC Milan close to the January transfer deadline but could not complete his medical in time.
However, according to the Daily Mirror, the failed Italy move could pave way for a move to the top flight in the summer.
The Magpies, Aston Villa and Chelsea, have all been linked with a potential swoop for the player in the summer.
United could be in the market for a left-back when the window re-opens if Danny Rose’s loan isn’t turned into a permanent deal.
Meanwhile, The Northern Echo report that Newcastle sent a representative to further cast an eye over Brentford forward Said Benrahma on Saturday.
Benrahma, linked with a £15m to the Premier League last week, is a Championship gem who interested Steve Bruce last summer.
The Sun said the Magpies were ‘ready to battle’ Leicester City for the 24-year-old Algerian, while Arsenal were mentioned in an additional report.
Aston Villa were keen admirers of the winger over the previous two windows, however Benrahma has stayed put at Griffin Park and assist their promotion charge.
The Bees are currently fifth the Championship – two points off the automatic promotion places – after beating Middlesbrough 3-2 when a Magpies representative was in the stands.