Cause of South Shields house fire confirmed after one man taken to hospital following rescue

The fire service has confirmed the cause of a South Shields house fire that left one man needing hospital treatment after being rescued from the property.

Tuesday, 1st June 2021, 4:10 pm

Firefighters were called to the blaze at Pembroke Terrace at around 5.15pm on Sunday, May 30 and one man was taken to hospital after being brought out of the house by emergency services during the blaze.

Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service have now confirmed that the cause of the fire was accidental.

Read More

Read More
One person taken to hospital after being rescued from South Shields house fire

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Fire crews on the scene of the house fire in Pembroke Terrace, South Shields. Picture via Lisa Higginson.

A fire service spokesman said: “We can confirm on Sunday May 30 three appliances from South Shields Community Fire Station and Marley Park Community Fire Station attended an accidental house fire at a residential property on Pembroke Terrace in South Shields.

“The first crew were in attendance at 5.21pm. All persons were accounted for at the scene.

“The fire destroyed clothing and rubbish stored in the hallway of the property with the residence experiencing severe smoke damage.

“The crews left the scene at 6.37pm.”

You can subscribe to this website and enjoy unlimited access to local news, information and puzzles online.

With a digital subscription, you can read more than 5 articles, see fewer ads, enjoy faster load times, and get access to exclusive newsletters and content.

Simply click ‘Subscribe’ in the menu.