One person taken to hospital after being rescued from South Shields house fire
One person was taken to hospital after being rescued from a serious house fire in South Shields.
The man was brought out of the house in Pembroke Terrace by emergency services during the blaze on Sunday, May 30.
Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service (TWFRS) said the fire was well alight when they attended after getting a call at 5.15pm.
Three fire engines attended; two from South Shields fire station and one from Marley Park.
A TWFRS spokesperson said: “One person, a male, was rescued and has gone to hospital.
"The fire was extinguished using one hose reel, four breathing apparatus teams and positive pressure ventilation.
"Smoke spread to the adjacent property.”
There was no further detail on the extent of the damage or the cause.
TWFRS crews also dealt with a kitchen fire in Burnham Street, South Shields, after being alerted at 5.24pm on Sunday.
Firefighters from Washington and Hebburn stations put it out using one hose reel and two breathing apparatus teams.