Enquiries continue into suspected firearm incident in South Shields' Prince Edward Road
Two men remain under investigation as enquiries continue into an incident on Prince Edward Road in South Shields.
A cordon was in place in Gorse Avenue and Prince Edward Road on Monday, March 15 and police said searches were taking place at a number of addresses in the area.
Officers later revealed they believe the damage was likely to have been caused by a firearm, but confirmed nobody was injured.
Two men aged 27 and 48 were arrested on Wednesday, March 17, on suspicion of possessing a firearm with the intent to cause fear.
But on March 22, police confirmed that one man had been released on bail and another man had been released under investigation.
In a statement today, Friday, April 16, Northumbria Police provided an update into the incident.
A force spokeswoman said: “Enquiries are ongoing and both remain under investigation.”